Are you loving your heart?
Why should you love your heart?
Do you put your heart at risk?
Consider these facts according to the American Heart Association:
- >2150 Americans die of Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) each day, an average of 1 death every 40 seconds!
- Coronary heart disease alone caused ≈1 of every 6 deaths in the United States in 2010
- Even though it is on a decline, CVD is the Number 1 killer in America!
- In 2010, coronary heart disease alone was projected to cost the United States $108.9 billion.
(This total includes the cost of health care services, medications, and lost productivity)
Heart Disease kills more women than men.
- Obesity, Smoking, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Poor Diet, Excessive Alcohol Use, Lack of Exercise, and STRESS are all risk factors of Heart disease.
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Circulation.2014; 129: e28-e292Published online before print December 18, 2013, doi: 10.1161/01.cir.0000441139.02102.80.
Your heart beats approximately 100,000 times a day, pumping 2,000 – 5,000 gallons of blood through 60,000 miles of blood vessels to nourish the body with blood and oxygen. As many as 14 million Americans suffer heart problems that result from compromised blood flow to the heart. The heart can’t function properly when it doesn’t get adequate oxygen and nourishment.
Problems with your circulatory system may include:
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
What can you do to love your heart?
- A good diet that is rich in fresh fruits, vegetables, high quality protein, and fiber.
- Exercise regularly.
- Minimize stress in your life.
- Quit Smoking! Need help? Ask us!
- Avoid excessive use of alcohol.
- Choose the herbs and nutritional supplements that are right for you.
Supplements for the Heart
For other heart healthy supplements see our NSP site HERE
Heart friendly Herbs:
Heart friendly Essential Oils:
the fourth chakra
|Associated with the heart and the thymus.
Located in the mid-chest area, it is also the Center which joins the higher and the lower chakras.
|Blocked: it can cause cardiac problems.
Blocked: Feelings of loneliness, isolation, hatred, and aloofness.
|Open: unconditional love, the ability to see the past and our memories as an opportunity to heal. Our challenges are lessons and we experience a sense of the interconnectedness to all things.|
Remember to Love Your Heart!
Dr. Charlotte Test
Board Certified Alternative Medicine Practitioner
Doctor of Naturopathy
This information on this website of The Herb Peddler has not been evaluated by the FDA. The information provided by The Herb Peddler is not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat, or cureany disease. We at The Herb Peddler are not responsible for the results of your decisions resulting from the use of the information, including, but not limited to, your choosing to seek or not to seek professional medical care, or from choosing or not choosing specific treatment based on the information.
If you have any medical health care questions, please consult a professional medical provider.
– See more at: http://www.theherbpeddler.com/singleherborderform.html#sthash.7eiWINt6.dpuf